Friday, March 23, 2007

Raines: Week 2

I watched Raines and Andy Barker again last night. I didn't like Barker as much as the first week. The fat guy running in slow-mo was pretty funny and so were Simon's lame-ass attempts to pick up Nicole. But overall, the murder was a bit pedestrian and it wasn't all that funny.

Raines, on the other hand, I enjoyed immensely. It brought a little more humor in than they had the first week, which I enjoyed. Madeline Stowe's psychiatrist seems to be a good foil for Raines because she sees through his crap and doesn't take it. I did figure out the mystery a bit before the end, but the tie-up still worked for me.

One bit of unintended humor in Raines: one scene where Officer Michelle Lance, played by Linda Park, translates some Spanish spoken by the victim's wife. Park played communications officer Hoshi Sato on Star Trek: Enterprise, who knew many languages.

No comments: