Monday, March 12, 2007

To Quote Mark Twain.....

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Work's been busy the past couple days (including the weekend), so no time to post anything. There hasn't even been any time to write. The story I've been referencing now has a title, but I still don't have a hook. It's just a straight-on PI yarn. Not too hard boiled. The protagonist doesn't talk to figments of his imagination. There is a bit of a ticking clock aspect to it, but I didn't emphasize that. It got sent out to a friend of mine to get some feedback. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon, or else I'll just assume he really thought it sucked.

I know I said "in March", but probably next week I'll start putting up some of the crappy flash fiction I did a while ago. I say crappy because it didn't really turn out the way I wanted. It could just use a few edits, but I didn't want to "over write" these things. Or it could be that the story needs the touch of a better/more experienced writer.

No comments: