Saturday, March 31, 2007

Venues

As I've started to (slowly) get back into writing, I've been thinking about venues. Most authors use their blogs/websites for promotion and discussions about writing, but their work appears on different sites or in print. But what if you can't find a venue for your story? Do you just publish it on your blog and hope people read it? Do you just let it sit and collect dust?

This has been running through my mind because I'm trying to figure out where to put some of the stories I've done. Most sites I know are either a specific genre (Thrilling Detective) or have been doing theme issues (Hardluck Stores). Other than the PI story, most of the stuff I've been producing doesn't fit in these categories. Plots with Guns is gone and Shred of Evidence hasn't been updated in nearly a year.

Do I put the stories here where nobody sees them and eliminate any chance of them being printed elsewhere since they're not first-run stories? Should I not worry about these things since I'm a "beginning writer"? Maybe if you guys have any sites that accept submissions you can leave them in the comments section.

No comments: