Monday, April 9, 2007

Supervillians A-Plenty

I can't believe I beat Gerald to this one. There's a rumor that a movie is under development starring a number of DC Comics supervillians. Wizard has an interview with David Goyer where he talks about the script he's working on:

"He’s Green Arrow for the first 10 minutes of the movie, and then he’s arrested and his secret identity is revealed,” says Goyer, who also has plans to do a graphic novel or miniseries that would tie in to the possible film. “They shave his goatee and they take his costume and send him to prison for life, and he has to escape. It’s like ‘Alcatraz,’ and he has to team up with, in some cases, some of the very same villains he is responsible for incarcerating in order to get out and clear his name."

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Hope you don't mind, had to ask, in your blog title, "the sound of one mouth yapping" has to be a take-off on the book "the sound of one hand clapping" I loved that book so much and I have never run across anyone that has actually read it...it was such a romp..you read it?

WellesFan said...

Sorry, I have not read the book. I merely had in mind the ancient kōan: "Two hands clap and there is a sound; what is the sound of one hand?". Plus, I thought it sounded cool. :)

Gerald So said...

The movie premise sounds intriguing, but I don't know that it would get the exposure of a Flash movie, not to mention Superman, Spider-Man, or Batman. If it's made at all, I'll have a look (speaking as someone who saw Daredevil in the theaters).

WellesFan said...

Wow. I still haven't seen Daredevil, but I want to. It might be the same reason I still want to see Hulk: it's based on a Marvel comic.

As for the supervillian movie, I'll keep my eye on it. It could be good, but it could be utter crap.