Thursday, December 20, 2007

16 Blocks

I finally saw 16 Block the other week on HBO. One of the many films I wanted to see in theaters, but never got around to. I don't remember what critics thought of it, but I thought it was very well done.

Bruce Willis has played cops many times in his career, but his Jack Mosley is not the typical Willis-cop character. He's a beat up alcoholic who seems content to put in his 20 and escape with his pension. He gets assigned the seemingly easy task of transporting Mos Def's Eddie Bunker to the courthouse to testify before a grand jury. Needless to say, things go awry.

The only quibble I have with the filck is Mos Def. He's a fine actor, but his portrayal of Bunker got on my nerves. The character was fine, but I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish with the put-on voice.

Check it out when you get a chance.

No comments: