Friday, March 7, 2008

X-Men: Legacy

Came across an interesting interview with Mike Carey the other day. In it, he discusses the changes to the X-Universe based on the Messiah CompleX and the transformation of X-Men vol 2 into X-Men: Legacy beginning with issue 208. As I've mentioned before, I really dug the Messiah CompleX storyline and I picked up a copy of 208 earlier this week. It's interesting to see the present day attempts to save Xavier juxtaposed with some of the very, very rich backstory of the X-Men franchise. Another thing that's getting me excited is Carey's talk of how the first three arcs of Legacy are going to play out. He does a very good job of teasing some forthcoming things and whetting my own personal appetite by mentioning the returns of Rogue and Gambit (two of my fave X-Men).

On another note, I just read Cable #1 by Duane Swierczynski. Very good stuff. A great start to the new Cable books. The artwork is a bit different than what I'm used to, but it's not annoying like the new X-Force books.

No comments: