Saturday, December 20, 2008

Swingers (1996)

I finally saw Swingers (1996) last night. I know, I know. What red-blooded male my age hasn't seen this movie? I'm a bit late to the party. For the record, I will say that I was underwhelmed by this movie.

The gist of the movie is a bunch of wannabe actors hitting the club scene and talking about women. The only character's name I can remember is Trent (Vince Vaughn). That speaks to how well developed I thought they were. The main character (Jon Favreau) just came across as a whiny little bitch who couldn't understand why his girlfriend hasn't called him since he left her and moved across the country six months ago.

I will say I dug the soundtrack (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is A+ in my book), there were some good lines, and it's easy to see why Vaughn is the breakout star of this picture.

Some people would say this movie is money, but I say skip it.

1 comment:

Cormac Brown said...

I just wondering last night when Bravo was running Jurassic Park II if "Swingers" aged well, apparently it did not.