Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In Which I Write

I just finished the first draft of my story for the latest Flash Fiction Challenge. The theme for this one is a wedding cake in the road. The first idea I had would've been a humorous story in the vein of Douglas Adams. Though, that kind of thing really isn't in my wheelhouse. Along the way I had a couple other ideas, one of which I actually stared writing. I got about 400 words in and the thing just collapsed like a poorly made cake.

Then I hacked out 3/4ths of the words, recast one of the characters, and think I found something. It may or may not be what I use on June 4, but it's a good start.

4 comments:

Paul Brazill said...

same thing pretty much happened to me. Still, 2 weeks left to panic ...

WellesFan said...

Yup. Can't wait to read yours. I'm sure it'll be good.

Cormac Brown said...

I keep a cache of ideas, stories that previously didn't work out and real life news items for just such emergencies. In this case, I'll be using the latter.

The trick about flash fiction where someone else picks the subject or a particular sentence, is that you more than likely won't be able to take the route you chose first.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I have your link ready! Patti