Tuesday, April 6, 2010

An Apology (FFF #27)

With Good Friday and Easter and lots of traveling, I didn't have time to write something that I really liked for this week's Friday Flash Fiction.  As a way of apologizing, I've composed a short poem.  If you dare to read it, you'll come to understand why I don't write poetry.

Excuses are normally something I eschew,
But, you see, I found a cache of cashews.
When I finished, my time for writing was through.
There'll be no tales of noir from me this week.
I hope I've not made you blue.

8 comments:

Cormac Brown said...

Sorry, I'm just adding on now to the post, which I already had scheduled.

Flannery Alden said...

I would procrastinate for cashews too!

Nice poem.

Doc said...

If this is what you pull out of your hat at the last minute, I think you are doing pretty well. I can't write poetry worth a damn.

Good to hear from you Welles.

Doc

Randal Graves said...

Oh, if only you had rhymed the penultimate line. There was a lovely Roger McClough simplicity here.

Crybbe666 said...

I'm with Doc...if that was a last-minute thing, you have nothing to worry about on the poetry angle.

Sue H said...

What a witty ditty ;-)

You managed to use all the words and contain the whole in a charming little piece - I'd consider that mission accomplished!

WellesFan said...

You guys really are too kind.

Doc - I certainly pulled it out of somewhere.

Randal - could've sworn that an AAABA rhyming scheme existed. I only found AABA and AABBA. Can we just say I'm a trendsetter?

Sue - using all the words is kind of the objective, right? :)

David Barber said...

Like you eschew apologies, I do likewise with poetry. A nice little piece there, mate. I had a busy weekend myself and just managed to pull something out of the hat. Well done!

Regards, David. :-)